Robots.txt is a text file that is made by the website owner in order to tell the search engine robots about the Web pages you would want them not to visit. Now this is not compulsory for the search engines to follow these commands but they generally tend to obey these instructions. This is not a way to prevent search engines to crawl through your website. It is not like a firewall or password protection instead you can think of it as a note saying “ Please don’t enter” now good guys would not want to enter the door but bad guys still can. So it just serves as a directive to the search engine robots and stops them from visiting certain web pages from your website.
Why use this tool???
It is a very useful tool as it can make your website robot friendly by interacting with those bots is a systematic way thus increasing the overall performance of your website. With this tool you can generate robots.txt file in literally no time. Robots.txt generator is a free tool available at our website which you can use to generate robots.txt file and stop search engine bots from accessing the web pages that you don’t want them to accesss.
How to use this tool:-
With this tool you can easily and efficiently create robots.txt file by following these simple steps.
- All robots are allowed to access your website by default but you can choose the robots that you want to allow or to refuse their access.
- Choose how much crawl delay you want. You can choose it to be between 5 to 120 seconds. Crawl delay is set to no delay by default.
- If your website has a sitemap then you can paste it in the text otherwise leave it blank.
- The list of robots would be given. You can select the robots that you want to crawl your website and refuse the ones that youb don’t want to.
- Last step is to restrict directories. The path must contain a forward slash “/” as the path is relative to root.
- That’s it. Now you are done creating your robots.txt file. It’s a really simple process and our tool has made it even easier for you.
- Now save your file to the root directory of your website.
The location of the file is very important. It should be in the main/root directory because otherwise search engine robots would not be able to find it. These bots don’t search the whole website for the file instead they only look in the main directory. If they don’t find it there they simply assume that the site doesn’t have a robots.txt file. So keep that in while placing the file.
Robots.txt generator is a really amazing tool which you can use to optimize you website. With this tool you can restrict the access of search engine bots by allowing or disallowing the crawling process. Our robots.txt generator tool does all of that for free